The Student Accounts office is responsible for assisting students with the following: tuition billing and payments, refunds, financial holds, 1098T forms, MTA monthly passes, and student health. If you need assistance with students accounts, please visit https://support.sis.jhu.edu/case/ to request support. Student Accounts can also be reached at 410-955-1243.
Online Student Account Statement
The student account billing policy states that students view their invoice online at and pay by the original due date. Non-degree-seeking students must pay at the time of registration. Paper statements are no longer mailed to students. Notification of an outstanding tuition balance will be sent electronically to the student’s Johns Hopkins University email account. Billing statements are generated the second Thursday of each month if activity has occurred since the last billing cycle.
Balances not paid by the original due date will be assessed a 1.5% late payment fee. Students with outstanding balances will be prohibited from registering for future courses or receiving school services until the balance is paid in full.
Cash is not accepted.
- Financial Aid: Students who apply for financial aid must complete all requirements. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that his/her financial aid disburses to his/her student account and has been paid in full. Financial Aid general begins to disburse to the student account one week prior to the first day of class. If a student is denied a student loan, then payment is required.
- Online Payment: Pay online using an e-check or credit cards - Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover
- By mail: send check to JHU Payment Processing, Garland Hall B33, 3400 N. Charles St., Baltimore, MD 21218. Please include the top portion of the tuition invoice and make checks payable to Johns Hopkins University.
- Payment Plan: Enrollment in a payment plan must take place at least one month in advance of start of the semester and will consist of 4 monthly installments (3 months for the summer semester). Students will be charged a $55.00 fee per semester. Please select https://support.sis.jhu.edu/case/ to enroll with Nelnet Campus Commerce.
- Johns Hopkins University qualified employee tuition remission: For more information, go to . Students must pay any tuition balance that is denied or not covered by the JHU benefits office.
- Employer/Sponsored Payers that will directly make payment to Johns Hopkins University at the beginning of the semester: Please go online to SIS prior to the semester starting, select the Billing tab > Third Party Billing > then select your vendor. Please direct all questions to .
- Johns Hopkins Health System qualified employees can email their HR department for tuition benefits:
- Western Union for International Payments: This payment option allows a student to pay his/her student account balance in any currency, using a secure payment method. Visit SIS . Student Accounts does not accept foreign checks or foreign currency.