MISSION AND VALUES
The mission of the Johns Hopkins School of Nursing is to improve the health of individuals and diverse communities locally and globally through leadership and excellence in nursing education, research, practice, and service.
The academic rigor of our programs, the extraordinary nursing scholarship of our faculty, and our reputation for shaping nursing graduates who are leaders in their profession position us as one of the top nursing schools in the U.S.
OUR 2020-2025 STRATEGIC PLAN
INNOVATION & EXCELLENCE:
Lead advancements in education, research, practice and service.
COMMUNITY & GLOBAL CAPACITY:
Build educational/practice partnerships to build the health workforce and improve health outcomes through policy, practice, education and research.
Leverage technology to advance our mission.
HEALTH POLICY & ADVOCACY:
Increase the focus on health policy in academic programming and increase advocacy and policy engagement.
PEOPLE, PARTNERSHIPS & COLLABORATION:
Strengthen and advance a cohesive and integrated school structure and environment that builds internal and external partnerships.
- Adult-Gerontological Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, DNP Advanced Practice Track
- Adult-Gerontological Critical Care Clinical Nurse Specialist, DNP Advanced Practice Track
- Adult-Gerontological Health Clinical Nurse Specialist, DNP Advanced Practice Track
- Adult-Gerontological Primary Care Nurse Practitioner, DNP Advanced Practice Track
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP): Advanced Practice Track/Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing (PhD) Dual Degree
- Doctor of Nursing Practice, Advanced Practice Track
- Doctor of Nursing Practice: Executive Track
- Family Primary Care Nurse Practitioner, DNP Advanced Practice Track
- Nurse Anesthesia, DNP Advanced Practice Track
- Nursing, Doctor of Philosophy
- Pediatric Critical Care Clinical Nurse Specialist, DNP Advanced Practice Track
- Pediatric Dual Primary/Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, DNP Advanced Practice Track
- Pediatric Primary Care Nurse Practitioner, DNP Advanced Practice Track
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, DNP Advanced Practice Track
School of Nursing Faculty
A list of full-time faculty can be found at nursing.jhu.edu/faculty_research/faculty.
School of Nursing Leadership
Sarah L. Szanton
Executive Vice Dean
Cheryl Dennison Himmelfarb
Vice Dean for Research, Professor
Chris Atkins Godack
Chief of Staff
Associate Dean for Health Systems Partnership and Innovation
Associate Dean of Faculty Development
Associate Dean for Finance and Administration
Associate Dean for Teaching and Learning, Associate Professor
Associate Dean for Enrollment Management and Student Affairs
Associate Dean for Community Programs and Initiatives, Professor
Associate Dean for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Associate Dean for Global Affairs
Associate Dean for Development and Alumni Relations
Assistant Dean for Marketing and Communications
Assistant Dean for Clinical Practice and Relationships
Assistant Dean for Immersive Learning and Digital Innovation