Women, Gender, and Sexuality Minor Requirements
Students can receive a minor in women, gender, and sexuality by completing six one-semester courses. The following courses are examples of the WGS core curriculum (363 prefix):
- Introduction to the Study of Women, Gender, and Sexuality
- Feminist and Queer Theory
- Gender and Sexuality Beyond the Global West
- Health, Medicine, Gender, and Sexuality
- Internship/Practicum (offered in collaboration with the JHU Center for Social Concern, the internship-practicum combines academic work with volunteer experience)
Students are asked to complete at least two courses from the core WGS curriculum and may choose among the courses cross-listed with other departments for the remaining four. At least four 300- or 400-level courses are required for the minor; no more than two courses can be at the 100- or 200-level. Students must earn a C- or better in all minor requirements and courses may not be taken satisfactory/unsatisfactory.
Please direct inquiries about the undergraduate minor to Katrin Pahl.
|Select two of the following:||6|
|Introduction to the Study of Women, Gender, and Sexuality|
Any course with the number 363.XXX
|Additional Women, Gender and Sexuality courses 1|
|Select four additional Women, Gender and Sexuality courses||12|
These are either courses cross-listed with the Study of Women, Gender, and Sexuality or courses AS.363.xxx.