Applicants who are interested in taking graduate-level courses, but not necessarily interested in pursuing a full master’s degree are eligible for the Graduate Certificate in Information Systems Engineering. Applicants are required to meet the same requirements for admission as the master’s degree.
If the student should decide to pursue the full master’s degree, all courses will apply to the master’s degree provided they meet program requirements and fall within a five-year time limit.
- Four courses must be completed within five years.
- Three of the four courses must be from the Information Systems Engineering program, as listed throughout the course list, which includes EN.635.xxx courses plus selected courses from the Computer Science (EN.605.xxx), Cybersecurity (EN.695.xxx), Systems Engineering (EN.645.xxx), and Engineering Management (EN.595.xxx) programs.
- One or more required courses can be waived by your advisor if you have received a grade of a B− or above in equivalent graduate courses. In this case, you may replace the waived required courses with the same number of other graduate Information Systems Engineering courses and may take these courses after all remaining course requirements have been satisfied.
- Focus Areas are not applicable for students pursuing certificates.
- Only one C-range grade (C+, C, or C−) can count toward the graduate certificate.
- Course selections outside of the Information Systems Engineering course list are subject to advisor approval.