- International Studies, DIA
- International Studies, PhD
- Master of Arts
- International Public Policy, MIPP
- International Affairs, Master of Arts
- International Studies, Master of Arts
- International Economics and Finance, Master of Arts
- Global Policy, Master of Arts
- Global Risk, Master of Arts
- Chinese and American Studies, Hopkins-Nanjing Center Certificate
- Dual Degree and Exchange Programs
- International Studies, Diploma
- European Public Policy, MEPP
- Sustainable Energy, Master of Arts
- Global Risk, Master of Arts (Online)
Certificate and Non-Degree Programs
The school offers a number of certificate and non-degree programs for individuals looking to improve their knowledge of international relations or international development who aren't looking for a full-time degree program or who are looking to augment their current credentials.
- Learn more about Certificate and Non-Degree Programs
- Learn more about Online Principles of Economics
Global Presence, International Perspective
In an era fraught with economic instability, security challenges, poverty, inequality, and vulnerability, training the next generation of cross-sector leaders is more important than ever.
For 75 years, the Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS) has been committed to producing innovative thinkers and problem-solvers, equipped to deal with complex challenges around the world. By connecting the theoretical study of economics, international relations, and regional studies to the work of policymakers, students gain the knowledge, skills, and network for success.
Degrees at a Glance
|Degree||Campus||Duration||Entry Term||Work Experience|
|Master of Arts (MA)||Bologna, Italy1||2 academic years||fall||0-4 years|
|Master of Arts in International Affairs (MAIA)||Bologna, Italy||2 academic years||fall, spring||0-2 years|
|Master of Arts in International Studies (MAIS)||Nanjing, China||2 academic years||fall||0-2 years|
|Master of Arts in International Economics and Finance (MIEF)||Washington, DC||11 months||summer||0-2 years|
|Master of Arts in Global Policy (MAGP)||Washington, DC||16 months||fall||7-12 years (minimum 7 years)|
|Master of Arts in Global Risk (MAGR)||Bologna, Italy||13 months||summer||2-4 years|
|Master of International Public Policy (MIPP)||Bologna, Italy||1 academic year||fall, spring||7-12 years (minimum 7 years)|
|Doctor of International Affairs (DIA)||Bologna, Italy||2-3 academic year tracks||fall||5-9 years|
|Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)||Bologna, Italy||4-6 years||fall||4-6 years|
|Diploma in International Studies||Bolgna, Italy||1 academic year||fall, spring||0-4 years|
|HNC Certificate in Chinese and American Studies||Nanjing, China||1 academic year||fall||0-2 years|
|HNC Certificate + Master of Arts (MA)2||Nanjing, China||2 – 2.5 academic years||fall||0-2 years|
SAIS Europe offers spring admission in the MA program on a space-available basis.
HNC Certificate/MA requires at least one semester in Washington, DC.